The National Service Scheme was started by Government of India, Ministry of Education and Culture, Govt. of India, in Collaboration with State Government in the year 1969 in 37 selected Universities. Our University has been participating in the scheme right from its inception. At present the scheme is run by the ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports in Central Government and Department of Higher & Technical Education in State Government. At present around 210 colleges of our University are implementing this scheme through 320 units with the 32000 students strength.
In our college, this is implemented since 2002 and have been adopted 10 villages namely, since Sakhaloli, Kudavale, Mouje Dapoli, Shirdhe, Burondi, Matavan, Bodivali, Kolbandre, Terewaingani and Kadivali. College NSS Unit has conducted 18 residential camps at all such adopted villages.
- NSS Strength allocated under Regular Activities by University: 200
- Total No. of NSS Units: 02
- Total No of Students Volunteers in NSS: 200
- NSS Strength allocated under Special by University: 100
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES:
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Understand themselves in relation to their community.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters.
- Practice national integration and social harmony.
The educational goal of the NSS implies that besides gaining understanding of concepts like community, social structure, power conflict, etc. occurring in real life situations, students should acquire competence in the field of programme planning. Shouldering the responsibilities, participation in cooperative task and promotional work in the community. The service goal of the NSS also calls educational approach in solving community problems. Its purpose is to help the community to recognize its needs and to assist in the mobilization of resources to meet these needs.
Dr. Rajendra Sadashiv More – Programme officer
Prof. Ajinkya Vijay Mulukh – Programme officer
Prof. Manoj Narayan Lad – Member
Prof. Miss. Shruti Awale – Member
Prof. Priyanka Salvi – Member
Prof. Jagadish Karbele – Member
Prof. Ankit Kadam – Member
Mr. Aniket Ghosalkar – Non teaching staff member
Mr. Prashant Kambale – Male Student representative
Miss. Saniya Liyakat Naguthne. – Female Student representative
Regular NSS Activities:
- Tree plantation programme
- Organization of lectures on Swaccha Bharat Mission
- College campus cleaning
- Cleaning of roads, play grounds, school at adopted villages
- Organization Of Rally
- Construction of Vanrai Bandhara
- Organization of Ralleys on water conservation
- Organization of Lectures
- Conduct of Ganit- Vidnyan Mitra Programme
- Celebration of Days.
- Conduct of Voter’s awareness campaign
- Conduct of Aids Awareness Programme.
- Organization of Blood Donation Camps.
- Organization of Hemoglobin checkup camps.
- Organization of Blood group checking Camps
- Plastic Awareness campaign.
- Science Education
Special Camp Activity:
- Yoga, exercise and meditation
- Construction of Vanrai bandhra
- Gram survey
- Cleaning and repairing of roads
- Organization of Rally
- Skits presentations
- Conduct of health checkup camps like- Eye checkup camp, Dental checkup camps.
- Organization of lectures
- Presentation cultural programmes
- Conduct of Painting, Elocution Competitions for Z.P. Primary School students.
- Construction of Soak pits
- Construction of Compost pits
- Decoration of Anganwadi of Kadivali.
- Beatification of campus of Primary School.
- Fencing of trees with shed net cloth.
- Organization of lectures
- Cleaning of house of Kavi-Keshavsut.
- Best NSS volunteer Mr. Saurabh Ghangurde for 2011-12 (26th Jan 2013)
- Best NSS volunteer Dhanashree Gavade for 2011-12 (26th Jan 2013)
- Sachin Sakhalkar Role nominated as in University administration as Area coordinator of Ratnagiri.
- Adopted village (2004-05) Mouje Dapoli has awarded first prize at State level for “Gram Swachhata Abhiyan” (2005-2006).
- Parag Sudhir Mahadik Best volunteer in Utkarsha team (2009-10)
- Mr. Parag Sudhir Mahadik awarded as District Level Best N.S.S. Volunteer by University (2009-10).
- Anjali Kangutkar: Member of University Utkarsha team- (State Level Cultural Competition (2010-11)
- Pranali Deorukhakar – Member of University Utkarsha team-(State Level Cultural Competition (Winner Team 2011-12 )
- Pranali Deorukhakar secured silver medal & consolation prize in Utkarsha State Level Cultural Competition (Winner Team 2011-12 )
- Mr. Aniket Risbud and Saurabh Ghangurde member of Student Council, University of Mumbai ( 2011-12) .
- University level camp Shreyas Mehandale was felicited as Best NSS volunteer & Gold in elocution & Kalyani Gore won Gold Medal in Solo Singing competition. (2011-12)
- Dr. Sachin Sakhalkar was nominated as Contingent leader of Univ. of Mumbai for National Integration Camp (2011-12)
- Dr. Sachin Sakhalkar : District level Best Programme Officer award 2010-11
- Sachin Sakhalkar : University level Best Programme Officer award 2010-11
- Saniya Naguthne NSS Leader of College Unit elected as President ,Student Council, University of Mumbai.( 2017-18)
- Saniya Naguthne NSS Leader of College Unit Nominated as Senate member , University of Mumbai.( 2017-18)