In tune with goals and objectives of the college to spread science education qualitatively and quantitatively in dapoli tahasil this department plan execute and perform activities. In order to acquaint the peoples about science and inculcate scientific temper among the society lectures exhibitions are organized. In order to reveal the scientific principles through hands on experiments science fair is organized every year where students and citizens perform the experiments. To retain cream human resource in the field science every year DES INSPIRE camp is organized. On firm belief that school going students can be shaped, activities for them are planed every year.
To motivate the students for scientific reading quiz essay speech competitions are organized. Programs which spell on current scientific events are a continuous activity. We work to spread science and develop scientifically literate citizen.
To encourage in born curiosity of learners & to increase scientific literacy among the students and peoples of Dapoli and nearby rural areas.
Goals and Objectives
- To Inculcate Scientific Temper among citizen
- To Spread recent scientific development
- To Avail laboratory space for nearby highschool students
- To Develop Scientifically Literate Human Resource
- To Provide platform for scientific experimentation through VidnyanJagar
- To expose advance learners of science to scientist and educationist through INSPIRE
- Mr. S. S. Marathe – Convener
- Dr. Bapu Yamgar
- Miss Poonam Patil
- Mrs. Deepali Diwan
- Miss N. P. Karabale
- Mr. Vishwesh Joshi
- Mr. Shantanu Kadam
- Miss Priya Karmarkar
Activities in General
- Lectures / slide shows / demonstrations on Scientific Subject.
- Model and Poster competition for High school students of tahasil.
- Essay and Quiz Competition for High school Student
- Talk Shows on current scientific events
- Academic Assistance for students appearing for various competitive examinations in science and mathematics
Prominent Activities : VidnyanJagar
This is the science fair organized every year for primary secondary higher secondary schools of dapoli city as well as for all the citizens based on the theme ‘To revel and understand scientific principle through laboratory experiments.’ During this event exhibition of scientific experiments exhibits are arranged in which students and citizens will observe exhibit, perform experiments and revel the scientific principles.
During this fair gathering of secondary science teachers is also organised Quiz / Model / Essay / Poster competition is arranged for studebts
Prominent Activities : INSPIRE
DES-INSPIRE INTERNSHIP CAMP is organised every year with due logistic and monitory support of Dapoli Education Society for students of 11th Science standard on parallel theme of DST-INSPIRE.Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India has initiated various schemes under INSPIRE (Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research) program of DST to attract and retain large number of students in basic science and to promote research One of the schemes is to organize workshops for 11th std students. The workshops are intended to expose students to the excitement and methods of science, research and innovation, just prior to the time when they make their career decisions (normally after 12th std). This camp is become helpful for 11th Science students of Dapoli and adjoining area.