Prof. G. B. Kulkarni Central Library (library dynamic-page-version1-click here)
The library of college is established with the establishment of college in 1996. At the beginning, the library was located on the first floor of main building of college with small collection of reading material. Now it is situated in the new separate building with area is 1937.5 sq. ft. with more than 10,000 books and other reading material. The library is with seating capacity of 80 students. For this new building, son and daughters of Late Prof. G.B. Kulkarni (Professor of economics in Pune University) have donated with handsome amount. The name of Prof. G. B. Kulkarni is prefixed the name of central library.
The library has collection of study books, reference books, research journals, magazines, newspapers, CD’s, bound volumes of journals, reference tools such as dictionaries, encyclopedias and also books useful for various competitive examinations.
The College Library has also taken institutional membership of leading local libraries like Hari Keshav Library and Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Government Library through which more than 40 books/month are borrowed for the students & staff every year.
The library is partially automated with KOHA (3.14 version) library management software. The catalog of library is available on intranet. Free internet facility is available for students. Free internet facility is available for students in library. The library has six access points for library users to search within library. Also offline library catalog is given on the website of college to search for library books when user is outside the library.
Book bank facility is offered to
- Meritorious/low income group students by college.
- Reserved category students
Beneficiary of book bank schemes in the academic year 2020-21
|Sr. No.||Name of scheme||No. of beneficiary students|
|1.||Book Bank for Meritorious students||10|
|2.||Book Bank for Low income group students||04|
|3.||Book Bank for Reserved category students||27|
|4.||Book Bank for Academically weak students||11|
|5.||Book Bank facility for Pandemic affected students||43|
Working Hours: The timing of library is very flexible for students and faculty. The library is kept open throughout the year except on public holidays. The reading hours of library are 09.00 am to 05.30 pm.
Library Collection and Organization
|Sr. No.||Type||No of books|
|3.||Books for extra reading||1573|
|4.||Audio-Visual Material (Educational CDs)||180|
|8.||Ebooks (via N-List Programme)||31,35,000 +|
|9.||Ejournals (via N-List Programme)||6000 +|
|9.||Computers with Internet Facilities||06|
Rules and Regulations
- Every individual entering the library should be a BONAFIDE STUDENT of the College and must have a valid INDETITY CARD while entering the library. The Identity card should be produced as and when demanded by any of the library staff. Issue of the book is on the borrow card.
- For in-house reading, books from Reference Section are provided during all working hours.
- Library Fine: A book must be returned on or before the due date as per the notice. In case of urgent need the book will have to be returned immediately. Usually books are issued for a period of one week. In case, a student fails to return a book within the time limit, a fine of Rs. 05 per day (excluding holidays) per book will be charged. If a book or periodical is lost the cost will be recovered from the concerned student.
- Mutilation of Book: Students must handle books with great care Any attempt to damage books by defacing or tearing off the pages will be dealt with strict action.. It is strictly forbidden to mark library books with pencil or ink or mutilate them in any way. The reader to whom the book was/ is issued last will be held responsible for loss of pages or any other damage unless he/she has brought it to the notice of the library staff before borrowing. Any student held responsible for damage of reading materials will be liable to fine equivalent to the damage caused.
- Students should ensure that they do not disturb other students in the Library.
- Books, Periodicals, Sets of Question Papers, copy of Syllabus etc., are not to be taken out of Reading Hall without the permission of the authorities concerned.
- Ex-Students of our College and students of other Colleges are not allowed to use the Reading Hall facility unless prior written permission from the Principal.
- Students will not be issued more than two book at a time for home reading. While returning books students will ensure that the necessary entry of return is made in his/her presence.
- Books issued against the Identity card are for use in the Reading Hall only and must be returned while leaving the library. Disciplinary action will be taken against students violating this rule.
- Silence: Students are particularly instructed to observe utmost silence in the Reading Hall. They should not enter into communication of any kind with others in the Reading Hall or in the corridor. Disregard of this rule will invite punishment.
- Students are not allowed to complete Journals in the library.
- The smooth working of the library is possible only if students adhere to the rules and regulations of the library. The Librarian reserves the right to refer cases of breach of discipline to the Principal.
- All Departments have departmental Library with free access.
- Every student must return all reading material of library along with borrow card at the end of his/her annual examination.
The College has state of the art seminar hall with a seating capacity of 160. It is equipped with best acoustics, LCD projectors etc., making multimedia communication effective and meaningful.
The college has large, well ventilated laboratories for practicals in Chemistry, Physics, Zoology, Botany, Microbiology and Computer science. The laboratories are equipped with modern instruments to cater to the needs of the present syllabi and beyond. There are separate laboratories for post-graduate student sections. The post graduate department have highly sophisticated instruments, some of which have been especially imported for specific research work.
The College has a spacious play ground in campus which meets the requirements of most outdoor games like Volleyball, badminton, Kho-Kho, Kabbadi etc. For other outdoor games Government ground called ‘Azad Maidan’ is availed on request. Facilities for almost all indoor games are provided in the college campus. The well equipped multi gym provides students the opportunity to build their stamina to be better able to cope with the rigours of college life, channelize their energies in a healthy way. Membership to the gym may be availed by students, staff members and ex-students at extremely reasonable rates.
The college canteen provides a varied, wholesome, hygienic food at subsidized rates.
LADIES COMMON ROOM (LCR)
The LCR is a spacious area with well ventilated rooms, furnished with ample seating arrangement.