The ‘Cultural Committee’ is functional in planning and organizing various cultural activities in the college. These activities are based on different forms of arts like Music, Theatre, Literary, Fine arts and Dance. Such activities give not only opportunity but also recreation time to students in their busy academic life.
Goals and Objectives:
- Find hidden talent among the students and provide them a platform to showcase it.
- Provoke students to develop arts and skills.
- Encourage and Guide Students to achieve success in the cultural activities outside the college campus.
Cultural Committee 2017-18 :
|Dr. G. S. Phadke||Convener|
|Dr. R.S. More||Member|
|Prof. S.S. Marathe||Member|
|Prof. S.R. Mehendale||Member|
|Prof. A.V. Mulukh||Member|
|Prof. M.K. Pethe||Member|
|Prof. P.S. Salvi||Member|
- Inter collegiate Cultural Youth Festival organized by Department of Student Welfare, University of Mumbai.
- Cultural competitions organized by various organizations or Institutions.
- Cultural events during Annual Youth Festival
- Workshops :
- Basic Photography Workshop for students and teachers (2015-16)- by Mr. Shushil Joshi, Professional artist.
- Water colour Painting and Sketching work shop for students (2016-17) – by Shushil Joshi, Professional artist.
- Rangoli making and Painting Workshop for students (2016-17) – by Mr. Sunil Kulkarni, Professional Rangoli artist.
- Competitions :
- Various competitions in Fine arts like Rangoli, Collage, Wealth out of waste, Mehendi designing, Cartooning, Poster making, Photography etc. are organized during college youth festival.
- Competitions in Literary forms such as Elocution, Debate, Poetry recitation, Storytelling are organized during annual socials.
- ‘Swara-Taj’ singing(solo) competition
- ‘Days Presentation’ is a group event wherein students form groups and present their view/ skits on days observed during youth festival.
- Host college for Elimination round (Zone IX) of 50th Intercollegiate Cultural Youth Festival of University of Mumbai.
1) Awards and achievements at University level of Intercollegiate Cultural Youth Festival –
|Name of the student||Event/ Competition||Rank/ Award|
|Sarfaraz Bate||Rangoli||Gold Medal|
|Neha Parkar||Debate||Best Debater|
Skit (Group A)
|Tanaz Khatib||Elocution (Group B)||Third Rank|
|Poonam Patinge||Elocution (Group A)||Consolation|
2) Awards and achievements at Zonal level of 50th Intercollegiate Youth Festival (2017-18) –
|Sr. No.||Event/ Competition||Name of the student||Rank/ Award|
|1.||Elocution (Group A)||Poonam Patinge||First|
|2.||Elocution (Group B)||Tanaz Khatib||Second|
|3.||Debate (Group A)||Tejas Mehta||First|
|4.||Debate (Group B)||Tejas Mehta||First|
|5.||Story Telling (Marathi)||Chaitanya Kelkar||Third|
|6.||Story Telling (English)||Tamanna Shaikh||First|
|8.||Mono acting (Group A)||Anuprita Shinde||Second|
Skit (Group A)
Indian Group Song
|11.||Indian Light Vocal||Pankaj Deogharkar||Second|
|12.||Clay Modelling||Siddhesh Malgundkar||Third|