SCHEME OF EXAMINATION AND EVALUATION
Rules for Credit Based Semester Grading System (CBSGS)
(F.Y. / S.Y. /T.Y. – B .Sc/B.Com Semester I/II/III/IV/V/VI)
Examinations are held by the affiliated colleges on behalf of University of Mumbai. Introduction of ten point choice based credit system for F.Y. classes came into effect from June 2016-17.
|Faculty||Sem I||Sem II||Sem III||Sem IV||Sem V||Sem VI||Total Credits|
|Bachelor of Science (B. Sc. )||20||20||20||20||20||20||120|
|Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com.)||20||20||17||17||23||23||120|
The performance of the learners shall be evaluated in two components:
1) Internal Assessment – 25% marks by way of continuous evaluation(Applicable to B.Sc.Computer Science Only)
2) Semester End Exam – 75% marks by way of conducting the theory examination(Applicable to B.Sc.Computer Science Only)
3) Semester end examination of 100 marks by way of conducting the theory examination (From academic year 2016-17 for B.Sc. and B.Com.)
Internal Assessment- 25 Marks(B.Sc.Computer Science Only)
- One class tests / Case study/ies or a combination of these 20 Marks
- Active participation in class instructional, overall conduct as a responsible student, mannerism and articulation and exhibit of leadership qualities in organizing related academic activities. 05 Marks
Semester End Assessment- 100 Marks
Semester end examination of 100 marks by way of conducting the theory examination(75 marks for B.Sc Computer Science)
(From academic year 2016-17)
Standard of Passing:
To pass a course, a learner must score total 40 out of 100 marks for B.Sc. , B.Com. and minimum 10 marks out of 25 in the Internal Assessment and minimum 30 marks out of 75 in the Semester End Exam for B.Sc Computer Science.
For practical courses a learner is required to score 40% marks in each semester.
- A learner who passes in the Internal Examination but fails in the Semester End Examination of the Course shall reappear for the semester end examination (additional examination) of that course. However his/ her marks of the Internal examination shall be carried over and he/she shall be entitled for grade obtained by him/ her on passing.
- A learner who passes in the semester End Examination but fails in the Internal Assessment of the Course shall reappear for the Internal Examination of the Course. However his / her marks of the Semester End Examination shall be carried over and he /she shall be entitled for grade obtained by him/ her on passing.
|% Marks||Grade Point||Grade||Performance|
|80.00 & above||10||O||Outstanding|
|70 to 79.99||9||A+||Excellent|
|Less than 40||F
Rules and Procedure for providing Photo/Xerox copy/ies of assessed answer-book/s:
- The Facility of obtaining Photo/Xerox copy/ies of assessed and/or moderated answer book/s by the examinee is extended with a view to bring transparency in the examinations system and its ensure its credibility.
- This facility, thus provided, shall be for theory papers only of all the examinations conducted by the University in the current session.
- Under these rules applying for Photo/Xerox copy/ies of answer-books shall not be permitted in respect of: The scripts of practical examination / sessional work / project work / dissertation / internal assessment / term work (including theory part) and in a Viva voce / oral / practical examinations. However within seven (07) working days from the date of declaration of the results or on issue of the statement of marks by the college the candidate shall be allowed to apply in the prescribed format for the head wise internal split of his marks obtained at such examinations along with payment of non-refundable fee of Rs.100/ by cash or D.D. drawn in favour of the Principal of the respective college to which the candidate has registered for the said course ; and the provision of Rule 10 to Rule 24 shall be applicable mutatis mutandis, to the extent they shall be applicable, for supply of the head wise internal split of the marks, except that of apply for revaluation.
- The Photo/Xerox copy/ies shall be sought by submission of application in the prescribed form along with the non-refundable fee of Rs. 100/- per answer book by the examinee. The said fee shall be remitted by cash or D.D. drawn in favour of the Principal of respective colleges to which the candidate belongs or through which the candidate has submitted the examination form. The examinees belonging to the reserved categories shall be granted 50% concession in fee.
- The prescribed application form for obtaining Photo/Xerox copy/ies of answer book shall have to filled and signed by the applicant examinee only and shall be submitted to the respective college to which the candidate belongs or through which the candidate has submitted the examination form within seven (07) working days from the date of the declaration of result of the examination or receipt of the statement of marks by the college/institute whichever is later.
- Incomplete application forms shall be rejected without assigning any reason whatsoever and the fees paid along with the application form neither shall be refunded nor will any presentation be entertained.
- It will be the responsibility of the college to distribute the statement of marks immediately on receipt from the University.
- It will also be the responsibility of the student to collect the statement of marks from the College and apply for photo/Xerox copy/ies or / and revaluation within stipulated time.
- No application after the due date will be entertained on any ground whatsoever.
- The Principal of the College will publish the last date of submission of application for photocopy of each examination on the notice board.