Botanical Garden Profile
A botanical garden is a garden dedicated to the collection, cultivation and display of a wide range of plants labelled with their botanical names for purposes of education, research recreation and conservation.
Goals and Objectives
- Plantation and conservation of plant species required for education and research.
- Plantation and conservation of some endemic and threatened plant species.
Botanical Garden Committee
- Dr. R. L. Ghalme
- Dr. V. P. Masal
- Prof. A. V. Mulukh
- Prof. N. P. Kamble
- Prof. S. M. Awale
- Prof. A. V. Murudkar
Area: 1 Acre.
Well with electric pump.
Botanical Garden, live taxonomic tool having about 1acre area having
- No. of Plants: 508 (Species 205)
- Rare, Endangered and Threatened Plants : 15 (Species 06)
- Endemic Plants: 11(Species 03)
Conservation of Endemic and threatened plants with involvement of students.