Rules for Ph.D. Admission process
ADMISSIONS TO Ph.D. PROGRAM Date: 27 / 07/ 2019
Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the PhD program at Dapoli Urban Bank Senior Science College, Dapoli in the following subjects;
Eligibility: The candidate must possess a Master’s degree in Science or Master’s degree in the allied subjects with consistently good academic record and a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent CGPA in the Master’s degree.
Further, the candidate must also fulfil any one of the following criteria:
- Qualified PET (PhD Entrance Test) in the relevant subject, conducted by the University of Mumbai.
- Qualified GATE / NET / SET (JRF) examination.
- Teacher Fellowship holder from a competent authority like CSIR/ DST/ DBT/ UGC etc.
- A permanent faculty member with five years teaching experience.
Note: Relaxation in requisite qualifications for SC/ST/OBC/SEBC (Non-creamy layer)/People with disability (PWD) and other reserved category candidates shall be followed as per the prevailing Rules of the University of Mumbai based on the directives of Government of India and the State Government of Maharashtra.
- Eligible candidates will collect the application form from the College office and submit the duly filled application along with an application fee of Rs 100 /-.
- The duly filled application form along with relevant testimonials will be submitted at the College office within ten days from the date of notice.
- Eligible candidates will be called for a personal interview with the PhD selection committee (RRC of the College). The date, time and venue of the personal interview will be intimated to the candidates on College website.
- The candidates will have to give a Statement of Purpose (250 words) indicating their proposed area of research. • Following the recommendation of the RRC of the subject, the RRC shall approve the selection of the candidate and shall notify the selected candidate (by Email / on College website). He/ she can then submit the registration form for Ph.D. program to the college along with the prescribed fee.
NOTE: • As per the Circular Vide No. F-1-1/2002(PS) Exempt (PtFI.III) Vol-II, dated 16th October, 2018 (available on UGC website); only 70% weightage will be given to entrance test and 30% to the performance in the interview. • Reservation policies as per the norms of University of Mumbai.